Thursday, December 17, 2015

Trailers in Short - Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Right now we've had a series of new trailers for major scifi and superhero films emerge. And we have Star Wars latest trilogy starting tonight. I haven't touched enough on this, or taken advantage of the online traffic. It is exciting to see these all coming out. But let's not rush, most of these films are months out.

"What do you say? 'The Schwartz Awakens'?"

So let's tonight focus on Star Wars tonight.





As I said last time, they are so far, with the movie about to go international, they are not revealing a lot (Hear that, most of Hollywood's PR?). The film looks like it will be exciting.

I look forward to catching it next week. I just want to wait until a day that the theater won't be crowded. It's just the way I am.

As for the film, I do hope it does gel with me. I know Rotten Tomatoes has released the very high percentage it's getting from critics. But their are films that aren't well received that I love, and movies well received that I just don't care for. The proof will be in the viewing.

I know some are eager for a reprieve from the Prequels. But, despite the popular online opinion, I don't hate them. I actual on't mind watching and enjoying them. Not that I don't hope the new films won't exceed them, and their problems.

It would be interesting, with the Force awakening, if our 3 leads (Rey, Finn, and Poe) are all force sensitive, even if it leads them on different paths within it. It could offer a colorful way to break from the Original Trilogy.

So let's see what happens with Abrams finally gets to make an actual Star Wars movie. And where's Luke?


No comments: